Sunday, Sept. 30 6-8 pm (Icebreaker)
Monday, Oct. 1 8:30 am-6 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 2 8:30 am-1:00 pm
- We are the repository of the science of exploration in the Gulf Coast.
- We are by far AAPG’s largest Section and thus have had more attendees than any other consistently through the years.
- Our program tackles the challenges facing the practical side of our industry (more than a hundred oral and poster presentations over two days).
- We’re all about our networking events held in the exhibit hall!
- Looking to meet the leaders of tomorrow? GCAGS delivers young professionals and students in healthy numbers – those who will be shaping the future very soon.
As the recovery of onshore exploration continues to unfold, companies are once again turning to the Ark-La-Tex with different technologies and strategies than those used by the pioneers of a decade ago, rekindling a keen interest in the Cotton Valley, Bossier, and Haynesville. These represent just a few of the plays in GCAGS’s purview coming back to life – and this makes it a perfect time to meet in Shreveport.
Strong Numbers, Quality Participants*
- 87% of participants deem GCAGS “Excellent” or “Good” as an effective venue for delivering exchange of ideas and network
- 90% think the content of the oral sessions is Good or Excellent
- 85% say the same for the poster sessions
- Next to oral sessions, poster sessions, and online registration (all givens), the exhibition is considered the most important feature of the convention
- Fully 30% of 2017 attendees were managers, senior staff geologists, or owners, partners or officers in their companies
- Only 2.4% listed themselves as “Other” (exhibitors, staff, etc.), making GCAGS an attractively client-heavy marketing venue
- 20% were students
- While 47% of attendees were over 50, a full 36% were under 40
- Nearly two-thirds said they were not involved in unconventional resource plays, making GCAGS an excellent source of potential clients who can adapt quickly to the ever-changing landscape of the market
* Source: registration demographics & post-show survey, GCAGS 2017
How to Reserve Space & What You Get
It’s easy. Simply use the downloadable space Application & Contract Form (PDF) to specify where in the hall you would like to be located and how much space you require. Print out the application and apply by mail with check, or if you prefer, by email or fax, in which case we’ll notify you of your provisional booth assignment and send an invoice to pay by check or online using a credit card to secure your spot in the hall.
Each 100-sq.ft. space (10×10 is the minimum size) rents for $1400 and includes the following:
- 1 skirted table, 2 chairs, a wastebasket plus carpet, pipe & drape in show colors
- 24-hr. perimeter security
- Your company description listed online and in the printed program book
- 2 complimentary FULL registrations for every 100-sq.ft. rented (valid for all social events taking place in the hall; additional “booth worker” badges are available at nominal cost)
As you examine the floor plan pictured here, please note that all booths face “east” (or “right”) or “west” on the floor plan, and that 10x20 “end caps” are not permissible. There is only one entrance to the hall, near the entrances to the session halls. Most important, all convention activities will be located on Level 2 of the Convention Center.